If you expect that you will claim a tax refund based upon your tax return for the year ended 5 April 2019, then you could plan to get your accounts prepared and your tax return submitted as soon as possible after April 6th. Start collecting your records together now.
Being registered under the Construction Industry Scheme may lead to a claim for a tax refund. Make sure that you have all Statements of Payment and Deduction. These Statements are valuable documents in themselves, and it would be a good idea to make photocopies of them.
You might also want to submit a tax return fairly quickly after April 6th in order to reduce the instalment of tax payable on July 31st.
Auto-enrolment pension contribution rates will increase after 6 April 2019. The new rates are 5% from employees and 3% from employers, making a total of 8%.